A view from a stay at home mom to four kids. I love to cook and take photos of my two favorite things, my beautiful children and my lame attempts at good food.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Pasta with Squash

As of late, we have been eating lighter. I guess it is supposed to be healthy, so hopefully it will help my out of control Cholesterol levels. Anything to make my Dr. happy.
This is what I came up with today. My hubby even ate it and said "it was really good", keep in mind this is a man who hates squash. The little ones ate it up too. Who knew eating healthy was tasty.
Pasta with Squash
Adapted by Me
1 cup any kind of pasta
1 half zucchini sliced
1 half yellow squash sliced
1 tomato diced
2T Olive Oil
4 large cloves of garlic minced (I love, love, love garlic. Use as much as you like)
1 to 1 1/2t Dry Basil (fresh would be better, but I did not have any)
Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
Kosher Salt to taste
Shredded Parmesan Cheese for garnishing
Boil pasta until Al Dente.
In a large skillet heat olive oil.
Saute all ingredients in olive oil except the pasta.
After vegetables are to your liking, add drained pasta to skillet.
Stir around a bit, top with Parmesan Cheese.
Eat and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

*No content, including photos, may be reproduced without prior written permission.Please do not save to your hard drive, download, print or post any image, video or text from I Got Bored Again and Took a Picture aka www.igotboredagain.blogspot.com

I Heart Faces

Picture This

we picture {this}

You Capture

Photobucket

The Secret Is In The Sauce

The Stuff

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Followers

About Me

My photo
Life as a sarcastic stay at home mom to two big kids and two little kids. Oh yeah, and one husband.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed