A view from a stay at home mom to four kids. I love to cook and take photos of my two favorite things, my beautiful children and my lame attempts at good food.

Friday, April 10, 2009

Creamy Potato Soup

Whats better for lunch on a cold and rainy day than Potato Soup with bacon, cheese and green onions? Well I am sure there are some things, but my little ones requested this today and it is the easiest soup to make. My Granny used to make it for me when I was a wee one, she never used to add the good stuff though, you know the bacon, cheese and green onions.

Potato Soup
Adapted by Me
5 to 6 medium size potatoes peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
Kosher Salt-to taste
Fresh Ground Pepper-to taste
1 small onion diced
3 T butter
2 Cups Milk or half/half if you are feeling sassy
3 pieces of bacon cooked and crumbled-optional
Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese-optional
Sliced Green Onion-optional
In a 4 quart pan boil potatoes and onions with about 3 cups of water, just enough to cover the tops of the potatoes cook until tender around 10 minutes
After the potatoes are done, smash them up a bit, I use an old school potato masher
Add the milk, butter, salt and pepper to potatoes and water
Let boil softly for about 10 minutes
Put in bowls and garnish with bacon, cheese and onions. I told you it was easy!

1 comment:

  1. That recipe looks delicious! Thanks for sharing it!

    And thanks for the blog link for your niece (I hope that's right!). I'll keep an eye on what happens with them. I'm in southcentral, so I won't be anywhere near them. But it'll still be fun to see what happens!

    ReplyDelete

*No content, including photos, may be reproduced without prior written permission.Please do not save to your hard drive, download, print or post any image, video or text from I Got Bored Again and Took a Picture aka www.igotboredagain.blogspot.com

I Heart Faces

Picture This

we picture {this}

You Capture

Photobucket

The Secret Is In The Sauce

The Stuff

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Followers

About Me

My photo
Life as a sarcastic stay at home mom to two big kids and two little kids. Oh yeah, and one husband.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed